Here is some Thoughts for the Day, what I think about all the time. At least I think about this stuff from time-to-time. Okay… I have thought about some of it at least once:
- A man is said to be “nuts” when he begins to live in a world which doesn’t correspond to the world everyone else is inhabiting. Such a person behaves from one set of premises and by one set of rules while everyone else is behaving according to a totally different set of rules and premises. That is when you have to begin to think about society’s right to restrain.
- A man who considers himself deprived is usually comparing himself to others. He is most likely envious. A Cadillac is attractive only if most people are driving Fords. Put another way, “He who has a morsel of moldy bread when others have nothing is rich.” Life is more than Cadillacs and moldy bread.
- No Risk No Goodies. Ask for what you want. If what you want is easy, everybody would be doing it. Don’t assess the odds. Someone will win. Could be you. Likely won’t be me… I always lose.
- When you encounter someone whose theme is No Pain No Gain, run like hell – because you can be sure he or she is selling pain. I hate pain.
- Most things that are alive don’t have ideas – man is unique. And often oblivious. And lazy. Even whacky.
- Life is about options, choices, and decisions. Throw in some chocolate and (original) Coca-Cola and you’ve got a deal. And some good lovin’ once or twice a week – once a month if you’re really old or lack a sex drive.
- An essential requirement for any human is to grow or change or learn how to become reconciled to their limitations. Unless you’re born rich – and then the requirement seems to be (in 89.78% of the cases) to become a giant A-hole. Ditto if you’re from Hollywood.
- Never settle for less than your dreams. Somewhere, sometime, someday, somehow, you’ll find them. Or not.
- There are two kinds of people: Those who believe that nothing succeeds like success and those who believe that nothing exceeds like excess. Maybe there’s three kinds because I’m a… well, I straddle.
- In any conflict, the boundaries of behaviour are defined by the party that cares least about morality. Or, another way of putting it is, wars are won by the Commanding General who has the biggest guns and the most boots on the ground. Or is really, really sneaky.
- When mediocrity is the norm, it is not long before mediocrity becomes the ideal.
- Welcome to my ideal world.
Review your present strategies by asking yourself, “Is what I’m doing right now working for me or against me? If present strategies are working against you, then ask yourself, “What is positive and powerful and moves me in the direction of what I want?” If you don’t know, then make a plan to find out. Remember, there is no “almost”. Just go for more. Tell yourself, “Do it now!” I call that the Reverse Nancy Reagan.
A cheating person confesses their act to their partner out of revenge. Or are really, really stupid.
That’s it. Tired now. Gonna go sleepy-byes.